What To Expect
Upon your arrival at McNamara Orthodontics, please notify our receptionist. You will receive a warm welcome to our office!
The purpose of the initial examination is to answer:
- What sort of problem is present, if any?
- When is the proper time to begin treatment?
- What type of treatment is indicated?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will the treatment cost?
If orthodontic treatment is indicated at this time, an appointment for Diagnostic Records is scheduled. If time allows, these diagnostic records can be taken at the initial visit.
What are Diagnostic Records?
- Digital photographs
- 3D scan of your teeth
- Panoramic and cephalometric radiographs
- Evaluation of the diagnostic records by the orthodontist to establish the best course of treatment
What is the cost of the treatment?
The cost of treatment depends upon the severity of the patient’s problem. The treatment coordinator will discuss fees and payment options during the initial exam if treatment is required. We have different payment plans to suit your budget, and we work with all insurance companies. We make every effort to make orthodontics affordable.
What does my investment include?
- Diagnostic records, which consist of x-rays, photographs, a 3D scan, and a personalized clinical evaluation to determine your treatment objectives.
- Active treatment fee for both early treatment options and complete comprehensive treatment with braces or Invisalign includes all appliances, office visits, and procedures performed in the office. Appliances are durable and should last through the entire treatment period if the patient follows instructions. If appliances require replacement due to loss, breakage, misuse or failure to eliminate foods that cause damage, we reserve the right to charge a replacement fee.
- One set of final retainers for our comprehensive (Phase II) patients is provided upon completion of treatment. There is a replacement fee for each additional retainer that is lost or broken.
What doesn’t my investment include?
Treatment performed at other dental offices including tooth-cleanings, extractions, corrective jaw (orthognathic) surgery, treatment of the TMJ (temporo-mandibular-joint), periodontics, and prosthodontics.
Assignment of Benefits
We interact with all insurance companies, and we will be happy to file claims so that the insured can be reimbursed directly. By doing this, the family’s out-of-pocket expense is substantially lower. Should there be any change in your policy prior to full payment of the insurance benefit, please contact our office immediately so adjustments may be made to your contract.
Our standard office hours are Monday through Thursday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, and Friday 8:00 am – 12:00 pm. In an effort to provide patients with more hours outside of work or school, we start at 7:00 am approximately two Thursdays a month.
It is our goal to see you, on time, for your appointment. The length of each appointment is scheduled to allow completion of the prescribed procedure, give information about the treatment and answer any questions you may have.
In order for us to maintain a schedule that runs in a timely manner, we request that patients arrive slightly before their scheduled time to avoid delays. Your cooperation concerning appointments is greatly appreciated by our team at McNamara Orthodontics as well as by the patients who are scheduled to be seen after your appointment.