What To Expect
Upon your arrival at McNamara Orthodontics, please notify our receptionist. We’ll warmly welcome you to our office!
The purpose of the initial examination is to answer:
- What sort of problem is present, if any?
- When is the proper time to begin treatment?
- What type of treatment is indicated?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will the treatment cost?
If orthodontic treatment is indicated at this time, an appointment for Diagnostic Records is scheduled. If time allows, these diagnostic records can be taken at the initial visit.
What are Diagnostic Records?
- Digital photographs
- Study models of your teeth.
- Panoramic and cephalogram radiographs and tracings.
- Doctor’s studying the diagnostic records and determining the best course of treatment.
What is the cost of the treatment?
The cost of treatment depends upon the severity of the patient’s problem. The treatment coordinator will discuss fees and payment options, during the initial exam, if treatment is required. We have different payment plans to suit your budget and we work with all insurance companies. We work hard to make orthodontics affordable.
What does my investment include?
- Orthodontic records, which consists of x-rays, photographs, study models and a personalized growth study workup to determine your treatment objectives.
- Active treatment fee for both early treatment options and complete comprehensive treatment with braces or Invisalign includes all appliances, office visits, and procedures performed in the office. Appliances are durable and should last through the entire treatment period if the patient follows instructions. If appliances require replacement due to loss, breakage, misuse or failure to eliminate foods that cause damage, we reserve the right to charge an additional replacement fee.
- One set of final retainers for our comprehensive (Phase II) patients is provided upon completion of treatment. There is a replacement fee for each additional retainer that is lost or broken.
What doesn’t my investment include?
- Work performed at other dental offices outside our orthodontic practice including tooth-cleanings, extractions, orthognathic surgery, treatment of the TMJ (Temporo-Mandibular-Joint), periodontics, and prosthodontics.
Assignment of Benefits
We work with all insurance companies and we will be happy to file claims so that the insured can be reimbursed directly. By doing this, the family’s out-of-pocket expense is substantially lower. Should there be any change in your policy prior to full payment of the insurance benefit, please contact our office immediately so adjustments may be made to your contract.
Our office is open Monday through Thursday, 8:00 am to 5:30 pm, and Fridays 8:00 am to noon, to schedule appointments and answer questions. Our patient hours vary by week but typically follow the schedule seen below. In an effort to provide more early morning appointments, on specific Thursdays we start seeing patients one hour earlier (7:00 am) and the offices closes at 4:00 pm.
- Monday: 1:00 pm to 5:30 pm
- Tuesday: 1:00 pm to 5:30 pm
- Wednesday: 8:00 am to Noon & 1:30 pm to 5:30 pm
- Thursday: 8:00 am to Noon & 1:00 pm to 5:30 pm
- Friday: 8:00 am to Noon (one morning every other month)
It is our goal to see you, on time, for your appointment. Time is scheduled to complete the necessary procedure, give information about the treatment and answer any questions you may have.
In order for us to maintain a schedule that runs in a timely manner, we request that patients arrive at or before their scheduled time to avoid delays, as the day progresses. Your cooperation and consideration with appointments is greatly appreciated by our office and the patients that are seen after your appointment.