Invisible Braces for Adults and Teens in Ann Arbor, MI
Invisalign is an esthetic alternative to traditional braces. This appliance system uses clear aligners and composite attachments to straighten teeth and improve bites. At McNamara Orthodontics, we have been using Invisalign to treat patients for over 20 years and we have been moving teeth with clear aligners for even longer. Both Dr. Laurie and Dr. Jim are certified Invisalign treatment providers with a high level of expertise and experience with this cutting-edge appliance system.
Invisalign – A “braceless” alternative to traditional metal braces!
Have you ever wished for a straighter, healthier smile, but not looked forward to all the metal wires and bands that often go along with braces? At McNamara Orthodontics, we can make your dream of having a new smile come to life. Dr. Laurie and Dr. Jim are certified Invisalign providers, using years of expertise to provide patients with an effective and incredibly comfortable way to improve their smile and bite without using braces! To learn more about Invisalign and to see if you or your child are a candidate for clear aligner treatment, contact our office today to schedule your complimentary Invisalign evaluation.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign uses a series of customized, clear aligners to straighten teeth with fewer office visits than traditional braces. The aligners put gentle pressure on the teeth, making Invisalign treatment more comfortable than some traditional orthodontic appliances. Attachments, which are esthetic composite handles glued to the teeth, aid in tooth movement allowing for treatment of complex malocclusions using clear aligners. Invisalign is used today to treat all types of bite and esthetic issues including crowding, overbite, underbite and in preparation for dental implants/restorations. Invisalign aligners are:
- Esthetic –Invisalign aligners are clear, and the composite attachments (handles) are tooth colored making treatment more esthetic than traditional braces.
- Comfortable to wear – The aligners are made from smooth plastic that provides continuous gentle pressure to move the teeth into the desired positions.
- Customized just for you – Your Invisalign aligners are customized to fit your mouth. Dr. Laurie and Dr. Jim input the information derived from a 3-D scan of your teeth into imaging technology to develop a treatment plan unique to your individual needs. Specific composite attachments (tooth-colored handles) are created by our doctors to aid in the movement of the teeth. Each aligner is custom fabricated to fit your mouth, and over time move your teeth into the proper position.
- Removable –Unlike traditional metal braces, you can remove your aligners to eat, drink, brush your teeth, floss, and for special occasions. There is no need to change your lifestyle with Invisalign!
- Effective – You will notice a significant difference even before your treatment is complete! Most treatments are completed within one year; however, this can vary from patient to patient.
Why Consider Invisalign
People everywhere are beginning to experience the benefits of Invisalign treatment. Here’s why people just like you are choosing Invisalign over traditional braces:
- With Invisalign, you can have a straighter, healthier smile without all the noticeable wires and brackets of traditional braces.
- Invisalign aligners are removable making it easy for you to enjoy the foods you love without worrying about breaking or bending your brackets and wires. You can also remove your Invisalign aligners to brush and floss regularly.
- You don’t need to change anything about your current lifestyle! With Invisalign, you can continue participating in day-to-day activities without changing a thing. Invisalign is great for professionals, athletes, brides, and parents.
- Office visits and checkups are easy, quick, and painless. Fewer appointments are required throughout your entire treatment.
How Does Invisalign Work?
When you begin your Invisalign treatment you will receive several sets of custom fit aligners. Each set of aligners is worn for only one week. After one week you can switch your aligners with the next set and continue straightening your teeth. Over time you will notice changes in the alignment of your teeth and in just a few months you will have a straighter, healthier smile!