- Updated Protocols at McNamara Orthodontics (Updated October 28, 2020)
To our patients and their families,
We are open for in-person appointments, with the following changes to our office protocols.
- We will need all patients/parents to complete and sign electronically a Supplemental Informed Consent/Questionnaire prior to their first appointment following our May 29, 2020 reopening.
- Please reschedule your appointment if you or someone in your household is waiting on a COVID-19 test result or recently tested positive for COVID-19.
- Please reschedule your appointment if you or someone in your household has a fever, cough, shortness of breath, trouble breathing, pain, pressure or tightness in the chest, recent loss of taste or smell, or other flu-like symptoms such as G.I. upset, fatigue or headache.
- Please brush and floss at home prior to your visit. The tooth brushing sink will not be available at this time.
- In accordance with CDC guidelines, please bring with you and wear a facial mask. Masks should be worn by patients and parents when interacting with our team. Masks are to be worn by patients until they are actively being worked on in the chair by the clinician.
- To limit the number of people in our practice at any given time, we ask that only the patient enter the building if possible. Our waiting room will not be available at this time. After you park, please text (734) 436-3550 or call the office at (734) 668-8288 to let us know that you have arrived. When we are ready for you, parents will be asked to walk younger patients to our front door. This will provide the parent an opportunity to address any concerns that they may have prior to the appointment. Our staff member will then escort the patient into the building. If it is not possible for the patient to proceed with their appointment without a parent in the building, we ask that only one parent accompany them (no siblings). Facial masks must be worn while in the office, with 6 feet of socially distancing being maintained, when possible.
- Upon entering the building, the patient’s (and accompanying adult’s) temperature will be taken, and health questions asked, to ensure that they are healthy and that we can proceed with the appointment.
- After the appointment is complete, younger patients will be escorted back to their vehicle and any updates will be given to parents at this time (if applicable). The rear entrance of the building will be used as the exit. In the case of poor weather, an update may be given by phone.
- Please immediately text the front desk staff at (734) 436-3550 or call (734) 668-8288 or after the patient’s appointment has been completed to schedule your next visit with us.
Please watch the video below for an overview of these new policy changes:
Thank you all so much for your cooperation and understand during this trying time.